Student Clubs and Organizations may use their FOAPAL accounts to charge purchases for events. Below are the ways your organization can use its FOAPAL account. For questions regarding your account, including what your balance is, contact the Student Union Bookkeeper in 314C LaFortune Student Center or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. All student group accounts must reside with the University Accounting system, and managed through the Bookkeeper's Office. Student Groups may not have off-campus accounts.
If you have incurred an expense for your organization/club which has been budgeted for, you may apply for a reimbursement by completing an Club Reimbursement Form. Only one application is needed per person requesting a reimbursement (multiple events and receipts can be included on each application). In addition to completing the application, you will also need the following:
- A completed and approved NDCentral Event Submission
- Uploaded original, itemized receipt from vendor/company and credit card receipt (please make sure the image is completely legible)
- If obtaining a reimbursement for an invoice, you will need to submit proof that you have paid for the invoice.
Other Forms of Payment
For more information on other types of payments, click here for the Student Union Treasurer's Office Policies, which include Special Travel Considerations. They also include:
- Direct Charges On-Campus
- Direct Charges Off-Campus
- Interdepartmental Transfers
- Event Cash Advance
- General Deposits
Which Payment Method Should I Use?
If planned in advance, almost all of your organization/club’s financial transactions can be accomplished without club members having to pay their own money up front. The following are some frequently made expenditures, and how to obtain payment:
- Purchasing food/items for a meeting - Charge items at The Huddle or campus eateries
- Paying for a hotel room at a conference - Use Anthony Travel and charge to your account
- Purchasing airline tickets - Use Anthony Travel and charge to your account
- Organization/club luncheons/dinners - Club FOAPAL Accounts may be used at all campus eateries and university catering. If pre-purchasing food from a local restaurant, email email@example.com for options at least 72 hours in advance.
When Can I Charge Things to My Group's Account?
A student may not charge purchases to the University or any University budget account without proper approval. This approval is obtained with an approved NDCentral Event Submission. Any charge incurred without this authorization is the responsibility of the student, who alone is liable for the payment.
Directions to deposit funds are located in 314 LaFortune in the Club Resource Center. You can find instructions, deposit bags, and a sample deposit form at the literature rack. Dues (along with any other money collected) should be deposited into the group account immediately. DO NOT KEEP MONEY IN YOUR ROOM! Groups have lost money by not depositing right away! Deposit funds nightly, especially for fundraisers that occur multiple nights. If a deposit is completed incorrectly, you and/or your advisor will be contacted.
Ticket Sales and Promotion of Activities
Ticket sales or the promotion of activities may be done in the dining hall lobbies and in LaFortune Student Center. Permission must be obtained in advance from the Student Activities Office through an NDCentral. Tickets may be sold through the LaFortune Student Center Information Desk and Box Office. This service is provided for all departments, residence facilities, and recognized student organizations/clubs. For each sale, a Box Office Ticket Sales Agreement must be completed.