Organization Accounting

Organizations may use their FOAPAL accounts to charge purchases for events. Below are the ways your organization can use its FOAPAL account. For questions regarding your account, including what your balance is, contact Deb Acrey, the Student Union Bookkeeper, in 314C LaFortune Student Center. All organization accounts must reside with the University Accounting system, and managed through the Bookkeeper's Office. Organization may not have off-campus accounts.

If you have incurred an expense for your organization/club which has been budgeted for, you may apply for a reimbursement by completing an Application For Funds. Only one application is needper person requesting a reimbursement (multiple events and receipts can be included on each application). In addition to completing the application, you will also need the following:

  • Original, itemized receipt from vendor/company and credit card receipt
  • Advisor’s signature on receipt
  • If obtaining a reimbursement for an invoice, you will need to submit a cancelled check or credit card statement showing proof that you have paid for the invoice.

Please be aware that checks take approximately seven to ten days to process.

Other Forms of Payment
For more information on other types of payments, click here for the Student Union Treasurer's Office Policies, which include Special Travel Considerations. They also include:

Which Payment Method Should I Use?
If planned in advance, almost all of your organization/club’s financial transactions can be accomplished without club members having to pay their own money up front. The following are some frequently made expenditures, and how to obtain payment:

  • Purchasing food/items for a meeting - Charge items at The Huddle or Subway.
  • Paying for a hotel room at a conference - Use Anthony Travel and charge to your account
  • Purchasing airline tickets - Use Anthony Travel and charge to your account
  • Organization/club luncheons/dinners - Charge your meals to your account at Morris Inn, Greenfield’s, Catering by Design, Burger King, Sbarro, or Subway.

When Can I Charge Things to My Group's Account?
A student may not charge purchases to the University or any University budget account without proper approval. This approval is obtained with an approved SAO360 request. Any charge incurred without this authorization is the responsibility of the student, who alone is liable for the payment.

Depositing Money 
Directions to deposit funds are located in 314 LaFortune in the Club Resource Center. You can find instructions, deposit bags, and a sample deposit form at the literature rack. Dues (along with any other money collected) should be deposited in to the group account immediately. DO NOT KEEP MONEY IN YOUR ROOM! Groups have lost money by not depositing right away! Deposit funds nightly, especially for fundraisers that occur multiple nights. If a deposit is completed incorrectly, you and/or your advisor will be contacted.

Ticket Sales and Promotion of Activities
Ticket sales or the promotion of activities may be done in the dining hall lobbies and in LaFortune Student Center. Permission must be obtained in advance from the Student Activities Office through an SAO360 request and, for the dining halls, through Food Services. Tickets may be sold through the LaFortune Student Center Information Desk and Box Office. This service is provided for all departments, residence facilities, and recognized student organizations/clubs. For each sale, a Box Office Ticket Sales Agreement must be completed. This agreement can be found in the CRC on the 3rd floor of LaFortune in the literature rack.